We’re excited to announce a number of changes to our AMBA accredited MBA programme for the 2020-21 academic year.
As an institution, we constantly evaluate the structure of our courses, to ensure the module content you complete is both relevant and up to date. This review process is something we’ve done recently for our AMBA accredited MBA, to ensure our students continue to experience an academically rigorous syllabus.
Our refreshed MBA programme has been specifically tailored to address the changing needs of industry, whilst continuing to offer an MBA which meets the global standard set by AMBA.
Addition of new modules
We have created a range of new modules which are designed to help you harness your own entrepreneurial spirit, as well as developing your knowledge, self-confidence, and skills to lead within the dynamic environments of the modern business world.
You will develop a variety of leadership skills designed to help your business flourish regardless of which industry you operate within. You will also learn about new technological developments that could enable your business to be more responsive to market opportunities.
Below is a list of the new modules with outlines of the knowledge you will develop:
- Markets, Governance and Ethics – In this module, you will cover the economics of organised activity, and their governance and control. You will learn how to apply both economic-contracting and transaction-cost approaches, two important aspects of organisations.
- The Management of Innovation and Organisational Change – This module is perfect if you are responsible for innovation projects and covers a wide range of organisational settings. Through your studies you will be provided with the analytic frameworks, diagnostic tools and communication skills required in order to manage innovation.
- Data and Analytics – Through this module, you will explore the role of information and analytics in supporting the development of innovative, sustainable growth strategies and the practical techniques managers can use to design effective information flow.
- Strategic Marketing – The module aims to help you develop a critical awareness of general marketing principles and practices. It also examines the facets of international marketing strategy and planning as well as their implications for entrepreneurial activity.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship for New Business Models – On this module you will explore the necessary theoretical framework for the study and the practice of entrepreneurship, defined as new venture creation and innovative growth relating to different types of organisations and environments.
- Leading with Impact – The overarching objective of this module is to develop students’ understanding of leadership within organisations. You will study traditional approaches to leadership and critical issues in leadership from a theoretical and practical perspective.
At the heart of our MBA programme is the chance to attend interactive real-time synchronous events. These deliver a wealth of reflective learning opportunities as you collaborate in a variety of groups from different sizes and compositions. These interactions allow you to contribute, share and reflect upon your experiences and those from different industrial, geographical and cultural perspectives drawn from the global MBA community.
A variety of assessment methods
You will take part in collaborative group discussion forums, produce written course projects, reflect on your learning through written journal entries, and attend synchronous live events during Director’s Workshops.
In order to successfully complete your MBA, you will be required to undertake 120 hours of live attendance. This time can be split between attending live online seminars within specific modules alongside these Director’s Workshops. You will not need to attend any of these classes as these are all hosted 100% online.
We have also included open-book examinations for two of our modules: Accounting and Finance and Markets, Governance and Ethics. These timed examinations are nothing like school exams – there’s no requirement to travel to an assessment centre so you can complete them from the comfort of your home and pour over your notes and study materials throughout the test.
Want more information?
We recently hosted a webinar that discussed all these changes in greater detail if you would like to watch the recording of this you can do so below.
Start your MBA programme
We have student intakes occurring regularly throughout the upcoming academic year, which include these exciting new changes. If you’re interested in joining our next intake, download a prospectus for more information or if you already know you want to study with us then apply now today.