The information published on these pages shows:
- The number of applications for admission on to recognised, undergraduate higher education courses that we have received from UK domiciled applicants.
- The number of offers we have made in relation to those applications.
- The number of those offers accepted and the number of those who have registered with us.
- The number of students who attained a particular degree or other academic award, or a particular level of such an award, on completion of their course with us.
It also shows these numbers by reference to:
- The gender of the individuals to which they relate
- Their ethnicity
- Their socio-economic background.
It is important to note that the data presented has not been contextualised. This means, for example, that you will not be able to see from this data how many of those applying to courses met the entry criteria. It is also the case that universities and colleges will often receive many more applications than they have spaces on courses and so offer rates will necessarily be lower than application rates in those circumstances.
Table 1a: Percentage of classified first degrees at grade 2:1 or above by characteristic for 2020-21 qualifiers.
|EIMD 2019 quintile||1 and 2||60%|
|EIMD 2019 quintile||3 to 5||75%|
Table 1b: Detailed information on attainment for 2020-21 qualifiers.
|Mode of Study||Characteristic||Characteristic split||Headcount of classified First Degrees awarded||Percentage of classified First Degrees awarded as first class||Percentage of classified First Degrees awarded as upper second class||Percentage of classified First Degrees awarded as lower second class||Percentage of classified First Degrees awarded as third class / pass||Headcount of unclassified First Degrees awarded||Headcount of other undergraduate awards|
|Part-time||EIMD 2019 quintile||1||N||N||N||N||N||N/A||N|
|Part-time||EIMD 2019 quintile||2||N||N||N||N||N||N/A||N|
|Part-time||EIMD 2019 quintile||3||N||N||N||N||N||N/A||N|
|Part-time||EIMD 2019 quintile||4||N||N||N||N||N||N/A||N|
|Part-time||EIMD 2019 quintile||5||N||N||N||N||N||N/A||N|
|Part-time||EIMD 2019 quintile||N/A||N||N||N||N||N||N/A||N|
|Part-time||EIMD 2019 quintile||Unknown||N||N||N||N||N||N/A||N|
- N/A – Not applicable as no applicants to this mode of study
- N – 24 or fewer students in this population
- DP – Data suppressed for data protection reasons