Online learning is a flexible form of learning which allows you to study from home, work, on the move or wherever else is convenient, and at a time to suit you.
Unlike a traditional campus-based university environment, our online learning courses utilise a virtual learning environment. Our online platform enables both students and tutors to actively take part in real-time conversations, listen to and view recorded lectures and take part in live question and answer sessions.
You will be supported throughout your course by a dedicated Student Adviser and will have the opportunity to regularly interact with fellow students and your tutor.
You will not need to travel to attend any classes; studying is carried out entirely online and your programme of study can fit around your work and personal commitments.
Upon successful completion of your degree course, you will receive a degree validated by the University of Essex and be invited to attend a graduation ceremony at the University of Essex, Colchester Campus.
The benefits of online learning
- Flexibility - study at your own pace from anywhere; at work, at home or on the move.
- No travel - save time and money, there’s no need to travel to attend face-to-face lectures or tutorials.
- Experience - our online tutors have vast experience delivering traditional campus and online tuition.
- No exams - we operate an assignment based approach for each module instead of exams.
- Small class sizes - we limit class groups to a maximum of twenty students.
- Learning and support - your dedicated Student Adviser will support you from admission through to graduation.
- Affordability - student loans are now available to part-time students, so there is no need to pay fees up front.
- Entry requirements - our entry requirements recognise ability and experience.