The LLB (Hons) Law with the University of Essex Online is so much more than a degree. With us, you’ll unlock doors and networks through our global community and be three steps ahead with your strategic, critical thinking skills.
Studying with us
The British common law system, while over 900 years old, is constantly evolving with the modern world. Nearly one third of the global population live in countries that have adopted similar common law systems. While our law degree primarily focuses on British law, these similarities make it relevant globally.
When you graduate with us, your degree will be awarded and validated by the University of Essex Online – a top 40 UK university. By earning your prestigious degree, you’ll also earn the right to add the LLB (Hons) Law abbreviation after your name, which will define you as being part of an exclusive club.
Your degree with us is recognised by the UK Solicitors Regulation Authority and the Bar Standards Board. Your LLB will be the perfect launch pad for a multi-jurisdictional career in common law.
What are the benefits?
There are many benefits to completing your law degree with the University of Essex Online:
- study 100% online, part-time, to fit around existing commitments
- there’s no need to worry about exams or proctoring software
- receive help and advice from our dedicated Law Student Support Team
- gain access to free law databases such as LexisNexis and WestLaw
- enjoy world-class research and ground-breaking teaching from international subject specialists
- explore multi-jurisdictional programs with a global ‘Qualifying Law Degree’ reach
- study where and when you want at a pace that fits your lifestyle
Where could a law degree lead you?
The skills you’ll gain will go beyond the courtroom – opening up career pathways, opportunities, job progression and international prospects in an array of industries and government sectors. Legal knowledge is a useful commodity in a range of roles, including management, finance, human resources, education, local and central government and the voluntary sector. If you are interested in becoming a solicitor or barrister, our degree is the first step towards taking either path.
Interested to see where our LLB could take you? Start your journey towards a career in law today and apply now!