This site uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience. By clicking close you consent to our continued use of cookies. For more information please read our cookie policy

Close X

Our designation

Depending on where you live, there are various funding options available to part-time, online students.

For students to be eligible for SLC funding, they must be studying a designated course. Courses at this college are designated each year by the Department for Education. We have made an application for our courses to also be designated for the 2017-18 academic year. We expect this process to be completed in early 2017. Visit for more information.

Students in England and Wales

The student loans for residents of England and Wales aren’t based on household income or your age, although there are some important conditions you have to meet:

  • You must be a UK national or have ‘settled status’ (i.e. you have indefinite leave to remain and therefore there are no restrictions on how long you can stay in the UK); and
  • you must normally live in England or Wales; and
  • you must have been living in the UK for 3 years before starting your course.

Generally, you’ll only get student finance if you’re doing your first higher education qualification. However, you may still get it if you change course, you leave your course but decide to start again, you’re ‘topping up’ a higher education qualification, e.g. you’ve finished an HNC, HND or foundation degree and now want to do an honours degree.

Not sure whether you qualify? Complete our student finance eligibility checker to find out.

If you’re a resident of England, find out more on Student Finance England (SFE).

If you’re a resident of Wales, find out more on Student Finance Wales (SFW).


Students in Northern Ireland

Residents of Northern Ireland are not eligible for a part-time loan but may be eligible for grant funding. Apply to Student Finance Northern Ireland (SFNI).

Students in Scotland

Residents of Scotland cannot claim funding for our courses.

EU Students

You may be eligible for help towards the cost of your tuition fees if:

  • you are an EU national or a family member of an EU national
  • you have been living within the European Economy Area (EEA) or Switzerland for the three years immediately before the start of your course
  • your main reason for being in the EEA or Switzerland is not to receive full time education

How much will I have to pay back and when?

If you finance your course using a government-backed student loan from Student Finance England or Student Finance Wales then you’ll be due to start repaying your loan through your employer’s Pay as You Earn (PAYE) system. You’ll start repayment in the April four years after the start of your course or the April after you leave your course – whichever comes first.


However, you’ll only start making repayments if you’re in work and your income is more than £21,000 a year and any outstanding balance will be written off after 30 years.


Your monthly repayments will be based on your income, not how much you borrowed, and you’ll only pay back 9% of any income above £21,000.

Income each year before taxEstimated monthly repayment
Up to £21,000£0

There is also no charge on graduates who wish to repay their tuition fee loans early.

If you’re a resident of another country, your repayment schedule will vary.

How to apply for a tuition fee loan

Call us on 0800 0527 526 and our specialist student finance team will guide you through your application to Student Finance England.

Please note, our team can advise you on your eligibility and the student loan process but the final decision about your fee loan will be made by Student Finance England.

Your loan needs to be approved by Student Finance England before the course start date.

Student Finance England has a Student Finance Zone on their website with further information for part-time students.