Studying online gives you the freedom to study when and where it suits you – at home, during your lunch hour or anywhere else you have internet access.
Our online short courses are delivered through a virtual learning environment (VLE) instead of a traditional campus. This means you will have access to your study materials 24/7, including:
- multimedia lecturecasts made up of written content, short videos, animation, audio recordings, infographics, short tests and mini-assignments
- discussion forums for you to chat about the course content with fellow students
- live Q&A sessions with your tutors
- a comprehensive eLibrary of textbooks and academic journals
- support from academic staff and your Student Support team
To ensure you receive the support you need from your tutor, we cap our class sizes at 20 students.
Rather than fretting about exams, you will be assessed exclusively through assignments. These include assessed discussion forums, written assignments and journal entries.
We’re committed to providing frequent and transparent feedback in the following ways:
- our assessment criteria are designed to be simple and transparent
- you’ll always be aware of your current provisional grade, right from the start of the programme
- you’ll be able to view your marks clearly in your gradebook whenever you log onto the learning platform
- there’s a seven-day turnaround for marking and feedback of assessed work
- you’ll have regular contact with your Student Support team, with whom you can discuss any concerns as soon as they arise
Our Human Resource Management online short course has a study duration of 10 weeks, including a one-week induction to help you settle into online study.