Law at Essex Online isn’t like law at other places. We’re used to doing things a bit differently – we’re the only 100% online provider offering an LLB Law, after all. And that runs through our entire course syllabus, while meeting the requirements for a Qualifying Law Degree, through which you complete the academic stage of legal education, setting you on the route to practicing law professionally.
This academically rigorous course will start by covering the essentials of using online resources towards your law studies. The second module in the English Law System will cement this and form a basis for your future studies in a wide range of legal areas including:
- criminal law, burden of proof and proposal for reform
- legally enforceable contracts and the factors that render them unenforceable
- tortious liability, negligence and duty of care
- real property law, easements, covenants and mortgages
- public international law and its relationship with national law
Your studies will culminate in an advanced independent programme of research into a topic within the scope of the LLB course.
As well as gaining the essential knowledge for an exciting career in law, you will gain excellent critical thinking and debating skills, honed through regular discussion forums with your fellow students. These skills will prepare you for success in a wide range of related disciplines.