As a nurse, it is essential to continue learning and developing your skills. Our PG Dip Nursing is designed to allow nursing professionals to gain a recognised postgraduate qualification, plus a host of new knowledge and capabilities, in just 16 months alongside your current work commitments.
The modules focus on both the management aspects of healthcare, as well as, specific topics relevant to nurses in a range of positions, organisations and countries. You will learn from both our expert tutors and your fellow students through an entirely assignment-based course. Skills such as critical analysis, decision making and communication will all be enhanced by this broad-reaching programme, and you will be encouraged to reflect on your own clinical practice while you develop your own professional portfolio.
Alongside your main modules, you will be able to select three optional modules to tailor the course to your interests. Optional topics include:
- the management of disease, including pathophysiology and pharmacology
- the principles of pain management
- the theoretical knowledge required to support the delivery and management of diabetes care both in primary and secondary healthcare settings
- the role of nurses in meeting the needs of vulnerable individuals, groups and communities
- the scientific concepts underpinning infection control and prevention
- contemporary models and strategies to guide the design of effective health promotion activities
- practical leadership skills underpinned by a critical appreciation of leadership theory
Upon completion of your PG Dip Nursing, we offer the opportunity for you to progress on to study for our full MSc Nursing (180 credits).