Is public health a passion of yours? Do you hope to change your working environment and improve public health in your sector? Then our online Postgraduate Diploma in Public Health could be the right choice for you.
On our programme you will gain a deeper understanding of public health, as well as exploring the core epidemiological concepts within disease.
You will also learn how to confidently measure and interpret population level data; increasing your ability to assess priorities, promote public health and consider the wider determinants of population health.
Throughout this course, you’ll explore a broad range of topics including:
- contemporary models and strategies to guide the design of effective health promotion activities
- public health challenges of interest facing the global population
- process of and application of techniques for population health needs assessment
- the principles and methods of epidemiology with a particular focus on public health perspectives
- the theory and practice of key personal development skills relevant to the healthcare domain
Upon completion of your PG Dip Public Health we offer the opportunity for you to progress on to study for a Master of Public Health (MPH) (180 credits).
Royal Society For Public Health (RSPH) Membership
As a leading voice in public health, RSPH provides opportunities for students to maintain up-to-date knowledge, access exclusive resources, explore potential careers and occupations, network with like-minded people, and be recognised as a committed public health professional.
All Master of Public Health students will be provided with a 1 year student membership with the RSPH following the completion of their first module. Upon completion of their postgraduate programme with UoEO, students will be eligible to apply for Fellowship of RSPH. If applying before their Student Member status expires, they can upgrade without being charged the upgrade fee.