Would you like to delve into the world of criminal psychology? Do you want to understand the core psychological and criminological theories? Our course is the perfect introduction to the fascinating and challenging worlds of criminology and psychology.
Throughout the programme, you’ll develop your own knowledge of the scientific and theoretical underpinnings of psychology, including its historical origins, progression and limitations. You’ll also develop an awareness of the variability and diversity of functioning and its significance in criminal psychology, specifically in relation to offender profiling. You’ll also be able to recognise a range of influences on psychological functioning and how these are conceptualised across the two core discipline areas of social psychology and cognitive psychology.
You’ll improve your psychology and criminology knowledge in specialist areas such as:
- criminal liability and the key definitions associated with criminality
- theories and methods in the field of social psychology
- understanding the options available, throughout the criminal justice system, for dealing with offenders
- the range of methodologies and theoretical perspectives used in offender profiling
- the role of memory as the mediator of cognitive processes
Upon completion of your CertHE Criminal Psychology we offer the opportunity for you to progress on to study for a BSc (Hons) degree (360 credits).
Please note: This course is not accredited with the British Psychological Society (BPS).