Finance is an essential skill to master if you hope to succeed in business. Understanding the income and expenditure of a business, how to prepare financial statements and reports, and how to make decisions about finance with the information you have available – these are all key techniques that you will develop during our online short postgraduate course in business and finance.
This course also allows you to develop more general skills that will assist in other areas of your personal and professional life, such as communication, time management and innovative thinking. Your core modules will form the foundation of your study, as you explore:
- the main principles and practices of contemporary management and organisational behaviour
- financial decision-making in the short and long term
- micro- and macro-economics and their relevance to managerial decision-making
- project management methodology and environments
- business strategy and strategic management
- the framework of accounting and preparation of financial statements
You will also have the chance to select some optional modules, on topics such as leadership, marketing strategy and human resource management.
Once you have completed your course, you have the opportunity to advance onto a full degree in business with finance.